Sunday, May 6, 2012

KARELA PEELS KACHRI



My grandma always taught me how to make use of peels and leftovers. They were so innovative in doing so many things and waste nothing. The peels of karela contain more vitamins and nutrients. We should try to make something out of them.
Also see:
Karela Peels Chutney
Karela Coriander Juice



Sprinkle salt liberally on karela peels and leave them for a few hours.
Drain the water and spread them on a cloth or a plastic sheet to dry in the sun. Store in a dry container. Fry them when required.
Goes well with : Fote Bhugi Khichni

Tip: In winter when we have no sunlight, dry them in the microwave. Spread them in small portions on a paper towel and microwave them.

Pin for later


You may also like:












Karela Peels Sabzi

13 comments:

  1. That's very interesting ....and looks yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks wonderful lovely I haven't dried it before frying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This way you can preserve it for later use.

      Delete
  3. Not a big fan of this vegetable but this one seems quite interesting to try as I know the loads of health benefits in bitter melon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to mention, hosting Gayathri Kumar's WTML event this month, if interested, link your entries at my space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm Very interesting---- i wanna try this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen these in the store a few times. Always wanted to try them; however, I haven't quite built up the courage yet. This may be the spark I needed.

    -h

    ReplyDelete

Do show some love if you liked my recipe. Leave a comment here.

Print Recipe